Friday 25 January 2013

New Rogue Trader Blog: Classic40k and some other bits and bobs...




Pete Lloyd has recently launched a new blog concerning Oldhammer 40,000! Its looking promising already, and he hopes to discuss both Rogue Trader and the (almost) equally loved 2nd Edition.

Here's the link...

http://classic40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Inspired by his old school orcs, I had a quick splash around with some Citadel Colour and started painting my second Rogue Trader model...

Here's a WIP


I have also received my first Rogue Trader Realm of Chaos models... Four chaos renegades with heavy weapons and a Slaanesh marine/champion. Obviously, they have gone straight in the stripping agent. As soon as they are cleaned up, I'll have them up here for your viewing pleasure. I intend to do a small force of Slaaneshi renegades to act as an antidote to the Khornate army I am currently painting for 3rd Edition Warhammer, so expect lots of titillating pink and bilious green to come.




8 comments:

  1. yay! I love those orks! only got a few myself (definitely not painted as well though)
    need re-basing as I used them in gorkamorka on the smaller bases for that...
    really look forward to seeing the renegades photographs once painted =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd Ed was the last time I played a game of 40k. :)

    Ork looks lovely too.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Orks! They're part of my own WH40K-growing-up. They're full of flavour! Nice! I'm eager to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the link! I love the paint job on the Ork. The flesh coloured lip is authentic old school. I have never seen anyone make a chaos warband for rogue trader so I'm looking forward to seeing you build it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Orlygg you might be interested in my new blog I am going to eventually upload photos of my massive RT miniature collection. http://rogueheresy.blogspot.co.uk/
    cheers
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Do you know if Pete Lloyd's removed his blog as I can't get that link to work unfortunately? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the blog,I too am a massive rogue trader minitures fan, they take me back to a youth of plastic glue and bad paintjobs. I've recently managed to take home a couple of best army awards with my own rogue trader marine army, if you get a chance check my army out and give me some feedback.

    http://davehasmostlybeenpainting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a shame that as of Feb 2015 he's pulled the blog....

    ReplyDelete